Search This Blog

Monday 30 June 2008

MCC's StampMart closes

Last year, I reported that the Machin Collectors Club launched StampMart, a dedicated auction site for stamp collectors. Now, just about a year after it started, StampMart is being closed.

According to a message I received from the MCC, there were sufficient buyers but not enough sellers. Whatever the case, the site never got much beyond listings of QE II material.

I did make some purchases through the site and I was satisfied with them, but lately there was nothing that I was interested in.

In a way it is too bad, because the goal was to have a site friendly to stamp collectors that would keep out the fraud and the garbage you sometimes see on eBay. In the end, though, I guess eBay just proved too formidable.

--Larry

No comments: