Search This Blog

Thursday 9 July 2015

Blogging at Linn's Stamp News


In my previous post, I referred to a blog entry I wrote for Linn's Stamp News. I thought I should explain more about my relationship with them. 

My friend David Alderfer and I wrote a monthly Great Britain column for Linn's from 1992 to 2002. I stopped writing, but David is still going strong. I assist him behind the scenes when I can. 

I wrote a quarterly column for Scott Stamp Monthly from 2008 until the publication was discontinued in 2010. Both Linn's and Scott are owned by Amos Media.

When Linn's upgraded their web site earlier this year, they started a blog that several writers could post to periodically. I'm one of them. My first post concerned the use of Machins on high value parcel tags, and you can read it here. My second post was the one I mentioned a few days ago.

I will, of course, continue to post here on Machin Mania. Linn's is aimed at a more general audience, so most of the detail we are concerned with here is not appropriate for Linn's. For example, my post last week about Type 1/Type 2 security cuts would not be appropriate there.

On the other hand, at Linn's I am not limited to Machins. I will write about other British stamps, stamps of other countries, and general topics. When I write something that I think will be of interest to our readers here, I will link to it. However, I urge you to visit Linn's new web site and take a look around. You'll find lots of stamp news and other articles of interest.

--Larry

No comments: