Search This Blog

Tuesday 21 June 2016

Machin News June 2016


It has been a very interesting week and I give many thanks to Ian Billings.  I have learned quite a lot over the last few days. Not only about the new issues that are due soon , but also a new £1.00 forgery that has reared its head. More about this later.

This is a new retail booklet I did not know about, it is to be issued on 28th July



As you can see it is 4 x 1st class amethyst purple Machin definitives, and 2 x 1st class Beatrix Potter stamps, self-adhesive. The Machin deifnitives are not new and should have year code O16R and source code REIGC

Mock up images of the Beatrix Potter prestige pane and front cover which we wrote about earlier have also arrived on the web (again thanks to Ian). These are posted below.



Machin forgeries seem to be in the news again and it is not just corner shops that are selling them.

There are several listings on eBay of 12 x 1st class booklets with the missing Y at the back of the neck.

There are also lots of forged booklets and singles that have been reported before with various codes too.  Left is a single with missing Y cropped from the complete forged booklet of 12. The code appears to be M13L.

One seller sold 20 of these booklets for £100.00, I have to admit I looked at this listing and did not even realise they were forgeries. I do not think  the seller realised either.

Regular readers will know that Larry Rosenblum also writes gripping articles here on Machin Mania. Larry recently contacted me to inform me that he is taking down his website he is also changing his email address. For the time being I have removed Larrys details from the header above. A new contact email address will be added when I have it.

Now I do not want to keep repeating Ians reports as with the news of this forged £1.00 value so I will just add a link to his blog and you can see it for yourself. ENJOY



2 comments:

michaelatcddstamps said...

Hi mate.. I do hope all is well.... and I hope we do not lose his (Larry R's) sites as they are most useful. his Machin site

michaelatcddstamps said...

Hi mate.. I do hope all is well.... and I hope we do not lose his (Larry R's) sites as they are most useful. especially his Machin site