Search This Blog

Friday 8 January 2010

Nothing To Do With Stamps

Sorry about this but for sports fans you will not mind me diverting from the blog subject I hope.

Other than Machins another passion of mine is that of my home town football club Birmingham City, (I know sad bloke) Well someones got to support them!!

I have my beer on ice for this one, with 32 points already in the bag this season (from 20 games) I am really looking forward to The televised clash with Manchester United tomorrow ( Saturday). I am predicting that Birmingham who have surprised even myself by playing reasonably well this season will either win by one goal or draw.

I'm also looking forward to seeing them unveil their latest asset, who should be available for selection. Michel was in Birmingham today for his medical after Sporting Gijon finally signed-off the deal last night.

There had been a hitch that stalled the move, but that was resolved and the 24-year-old was able to get his St Andrew’s career up and running at last. Birmingham had watched Michel for over a year, and have now agreed a two-and-a-half-year deal, with a 12-month option.

“He is a holding midfielder in much the same way as we play Ferguson and Bowyer, very comfortable on the ball, good quality, young, 24, got good legs, he is for now and the future,” says Manager McLeish.

Who else is in the pipe in for Blues? It has been reported that the owners have made between 20 - 40 million pounds available to the manager for the remainder of this season to spend. The Blues boss is remaining coy about a raid on Sunderland for Kenwyne Jones. “I don’t want to confirm or deny a bid has gone in (for Jones).”

According to club sources, Blues are well down the line to securing his services and the Trinidad & Tobago international is keen to join.

Back to stamps after the game.

Come on youuuu Bluues!!!


No comments: