Search This Blog

Sunday 6 January 2013

Colours


Having a break from stamps I was dossing about this morning  listening to some music when a song (a blast from the past) rang out in my ears.

Listening to these lyrics "Shes A Rainbow" A song from writers Mick Jagger and Keith Richards soon changed all that. I have Machins on my mind once again linking the lyrics to the many different colours from the definitive series. Once I am on a Machin Trip, an idea pops into my head for a blog post on Machin Mania.

My self and Adrian who writes for Stamp Magazine have been discussing an idea for a small competition related to the colour of Machins (more about this in a future post), so I guess this is where these deep thoughts have generated from.

Those of you with a degree in psychology will probably think this guys mad, but those who are actually Machin mad (like myself) may like it and see see the  connection.


She comes in colors everywhere;
She combs her hair
She's like a rainbow
Coming colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors

Have you seen her dressed in blue
See the sky in front of you
And her face is like a sail
Speck of white so fair and pale
Have you seen the lady fairer

Have you seen her all in gold
Like a queen in days of old
She shoots colors all around
Like a sunset going down
Have you seen the lady fairer

She's like a rainbow
Coming colors in the air
Oh, everywhere
She comes in colors

If you have never heard of the song take 5 and have a listen I think you may like it.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGmb8xH0cKE

No comments: