Search This Blog

Monday 9 March 2009

Walsall Booklets (Part II)



What with all these new Machins arriving on the scene, It has not been to hard to find words to write. However I would still like to thank everyone who sends me e-mails on the subject.


I had an e-mail today from D.F with a scan and a little information on the Walsall retail security booklets x 6 1st class Gold Machins. Issue date end of March 2009.

"The stamps have 2 phosphor bars and are perforated kiss & die 14¾ x 14. The matrix has been removed." He also informs me "that cylinder booklets will be available W5 / W2 W1."
I have tried too blow up the scan ( top) using windows picture / fax viewer to determine if the security slits are broken as were the stamps in Ian's initial supplies of the Walsall printing of the Design Classic themed retail booklets.
They do seem to look to be broken, but as the scan is so small I can not say with all certainty that they are.
Another scan that may be of interest is: The 22p Machin in its actual colour (stone), to be issued at the end of March from De La Rue on conventional gummed paper. If you remember the pre publicity picture showed it as dark brown.
Dave also sent me a scan of a gutter pair of 2nd class large
security (slit) stamps from the De La Rue issues . As we have already wrote about these gutter pairs I have not shown it here.
I now await the picture (and info) on the new De La Rue business sheets. As soon as it is available I will post it.
I hope you are all enjoying your stamps.




No comments: