Search This Blog

Friday 12 October 2012

Arnold On The BBC

Sorry I have not posted here for a while, but once again I am away on business in the UK, I am hoping to return early in November.

I have just had a nice email from Dominic Newton who is a Director and Trustee of the Machin Arts Foundation.

I just wanted to let you know that this Sunday's BBC program 'Songs of Praise' (broadcast at 17:20) will include a very short piece on Arnold looking at his religious work and of course the stamp. Since the Foundation is now looking after the Machin collection and archive, we loaned the program of all of the artwork and it was filmed on location at what was once the Burslem School of Art in Stoke-on-Trent. I believe the program is themed around the '6 towns'.

If you want to mention this on your blog feel free, I am conscious it is not very clear from the BBC's website that program includes Arnold, although it will be available on iPlayer, and it would be a shame if it were missed by those with an interest in all things Machin.

Many thanks Dominic. You can jump on a link to the Arts foundation web site here.  

No comments: