Search This Blog

Friday 27 September 2013

Still Away, But Keeping Tabs On Events


This is just a quick note to let you know that I am still stuck in the UK, I will not bore you with the details but it looks as though I will be here for another few weeks.

However my time has not been wasted as I have managed to visit a  couple of stamp shops, buy a few nice items and keep tabs on the industry in general. I have also managed to borrow a computer now and again for a few hours or on occasion (like today) for the odd night.

Thanks Larry (again) for your postings and your latest news on the plaster cast, here for your amusement is one of my latest finds.

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about a 1st class Machin with a mis perf to the right and straight edge to the left, today whilst messing about I found one of its siblings, described as "GB error machin self adhesive 1st class imperf top + missing value."

The perforations are actually shifted upwards; the top is imperforate and most of the value is missing.

If anyone is interested this is on sale buy it now for £29.00 on eBay. It is nice but not as good (in my opinion) as the previous mis perf that I reported on.

Bye for now , will try to keep in touch when I can.

No comments: