Search This Blog

Saturday 20 December 2014

Merry Christmas



Firstly on behalf of myself and Larry we would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New year.

Although it is quite plain compared to glossy Christmas cards I hope you like this one (left)

I choose it because of the seasonal wording and the fact that it reminds me of one of the the cover designs of early decimal counter booklets issued by the Royal Mail.

Do you know what I got for Christmas this year? Stress from shopping around for presents. Backache from decorating the house with Christmas lights. And soon 20 pounds from eating all the yummy Christmas food! Seriously  though its a wonderful time to spend it with great friends like yourself s and my family of coarse.


Now just to keep this topical (that is Machin related)

On the left is a pic of one of the booklet covers I mentioned. Uncanny likeness to the design of the card eh?

I was clicking through a few Machin related web sites earlier and noticed a post on Ian's blog informing us and listing all the new Machin stamps that were released during 2014 a grand total of 36. Click here for the link to the list.

No comments: