Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 January 2016

New Type of Marker Bar


I have now returned from my Christmas / New Year trip to the UK, my first Christmas holiday for nearly nine years. It was really great to spend this festive time of year with family and friends. I also managed to catch up with some of my Machin stamp collector pals.

I  also visited my old local stamp shop and purchased a few bits and pieces. One or two which intrigued me as I had not seen them before.

The first was a £1.00 vending booklet depicting Vera Lynn containing 4 x 25p Machins ( OFPP) phosphorised paper. I noticed immediately that the marker bar was made up of 7 vertical lines.


 Going through the stock books I found another booklet, this was the Rowland Hill £2.00 vending book containing 8 x 25p Machins with a similar marker bar.
 
The vertical lines on this booklet were split in the middle diagonally. I know these are nothing special, and are just a change from the earlier marker bars which were printed in the form of a solid black or red bar but they grabbed my attention so as they were selling just over face value I had to have them. I know what you are thinking, "spend spend spend" :-), I just cant resist Machins it must be a mania.
 
It seems like an eternity has passed since I wrote about marker bars, I have now managed to find the post lost in the archives from 24th April 2007. Take a peek and refresh your memory. 
 
 Time certainly flies when you are having fun with stamps especially if they are Machins in particular.  Happy New Year.
 
 

No comments: