Search This Blog

Thursday 26 April 2012

A Quiet Week

When I say its been a quiet week I am referring to Machin News. I have seen nothing out of the ordinary except for a couple of items on eBay which did not match the descriptions.

One was a damaged stamp, which someone was trying to sell as a mis - perforated error.  I have not bothered to to show the picture as it just belongs in the bin, plus the fact these things can get me into trouble with the seller.

I have managed to obtain some images of the new rate stamps showing the 2012 code which show up quite well.
As it has been slow I have busied myself with lots of chores which I have been putting off for the last 12 months, one of which needed doing badly, updating mine and the IPDAs websites. I still have a lot of work to do on both but I am pleased with the progress.

My wife is still away in the UK, with all the shopping, cooking, washing, and cleaning  I have also took in some much needed leisure time.

This has been in the form of adding some items to and sorting out my shambles of a stamp collection. I have also had a couple of relaxing days off. I spent these participating in another hobby of mine, pleasure fishing  for Carp.

Just in case you are wandering, the answer is yes I did catch a few, twenty or so in fact, ranging from four to five pounds. The biggest was about seven - eight pounds, lots of small ones too :-)

I hope you enjoy the rest of the week, I will try to post some more news over the week end. Until then have fun and think of me toiling away with all my house work.

No comments: